Sunday, July 19, 2015

Muddy Running

So, Race for Life yesterday with the doggy training group in Bute Park.  How muddy can it be?  A few bits of plastic with a bit of water…

I was very clean and I had a lovely pair of ears:



We looked good at the start:



Note the appropriate umbrella.  

I found the mud early on…  Within 50 yards of the start there was a ‘muddy puddle’ so I lay down in it, to the cheers of the assembled throng.  Both of them.

The group had split into various factions - young, less young, middle years and ancients.  I stuck with the ancients at the back - Trish (lovely spaniel) who is 71.  She was thrilled to be able to walk the 5k and I was happy to jog beside her.  She bounded over all the obstacles and was an absolute trouper.  Also with us was Sian, wife of John the dog trainer (cute poodle) and Sharon (mixed dog who was very ill recently but is now well again).  

I was the muddiest:



Sian and I sat on top of the cargo nets:



And we all finished together:



That’s Vinnie’s mum taking a photo…

And the time?  Well, let’s just say we finished on Saturday….

No comments:

Post a Comment