Monday, May 2, 2016

And finally....

Those of you who have occasionally read this will have noticed the total lack of posts since, well, a long time ago last year... There were good reasons for this. The Melodeon Master's Mother became very unwell and a very close friend developed acute lymphatic leukaemia - the nasty kind. The Melodeon Master and I really had other things to think about than rubbish running - and the running kind of stopped anyway.

Sadly the Melodeon Master's Mother died at the beginning of August. She was delightful, brave and kind to the end, and I miss her. The friend with leukaemia was very very ill, he had a bone marrow transplant, he is now 6 months post-transplant, and he's beginning to look more like himself. Life will never be the same again for him and his family, and we're all acutely aware of the need to get on and enjoy life while we can.

I ran the Christmas Pudding Race in December with the wife of the friend - she went off like a bloody train and damned nearly finished me off, so I haven't run since. Until today - a little 3k jog with Happy Running Dog who said it was BRILLIANT to be out again and We Should Really Do This More Often - and I agree. I have no events planned this year (I'm sad the MudRunner events aren't being held, and the Velothon is only the long ride which I don't fancy this year) so there's no real incentive to train. I have also discovered that practically everybody I know runs without making such a fuss about it, so I think it's time to put this blog to bed...

And besides, the Melodeon Master and I have a new project. We're building a house.

Of course there's a blog:  sarahandguybuildahouse

No comments:

Post a Comment