Sunday, May 17, 2015

Four weeks today

Four weeks today I am entered into the Cardiff Velothon - 50km of cycling from Cardiff Bay up to Bassaleg, Caerphilly Mountain and back to Cardiff Bay.

I entered, back in October, because the route goes right past our house.  Or at least within a mile of it, depending on which road is used.  And the roads are going to be closed - brilliant.

So that's all good then.

Teensy problem.  Well, two really.  My knee is still not quite right (it's a popliteal strain) and I haven't sat on a bicycle since before Christmas, nor have I run this year.  So not exactly ideal preparation...

I'm still planning to do it, Chris the Chiro reckons I'll be able to start cycling at the end of this week (so I'll have 3 weeks training time available) and my reading of the route goes something like this:

Flat for 20k
Vaguely hilly for 10k
Very hilly for 5k
Downhill for 15k

So, not counting the downhill 15k (top of Caerphilly Mountain to Cardiff Bay) that's only 35k, 20 of which is flat so I'm not counting that either.  Which makes it a 15k event on hills. Hmmm...

At this point I'm still planning to do it.  I have two goals:

1.  Not be last to finish.
2.  Not have to walk any of the hills.

Possible???

No comments:

Post a Comment