Sunday, April 12, 2015

Creakings

It's been a few weeks since I've blogged (where is this year going?  Is it just me?) so here's a bit of a catch-up:

Warm weather training (aka 'holiday)

Well, it was fine really.  Apart from catching a bug from the bloke next to me on the plane, apart from the rubbish weather (cloudy or raining for 5 and a half of our 7 days) and apart from nearly missing the flight home because the clocks went forward but the time of the coach to the airport didn't change...  Best bit was the food and wine - lunch of asparagus and 'creakings of goats cheese' was delicious.  Turned out to be not goats cheese in filo pastry parcels with olive tapenade, onion marmalade and braised asparagus.  Delicious!

The knee:

It got better!  Thanks to the excellent work of Chris the Chiro and plenty of sensible walking on holiday, the knee actually got better.  So much so that he said I could start cycling and running again. So over Easter weekend I ran on Good Friday, cycled on Saturday, did sand dune walking for 2 hours and ran on Easter Sunday and walked up Machen Mountain to the mast on Easter Monday.

You're right - I overdid it.  Back to square one - and knee creakings.

Carten 100:

The Cardiff to Tenby bike ride (100 miles) is on May 9th.  I'm not going to be fit, trying to force the issue across Easter has put my knee back so I've been really sensible and withdrawn.  Gutted.  However, my good friend Sarah B (yes, it does get complicated - I used to be Sarah P and that was fine but now I'm Sarah B too.  Or Sarah B2 as we call me) has said she'd love to do it, so Carten 2016 here we come!

And that's about it - you're up to date.  I am doing my chiro exercises twice a day, I will get my knee better and then I will build up gently without doing any further damage.

Flying pigs, anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment