Sunday, February 8, 2015

Radio and newsletter fame at last

One of us has found fame.  We haven't let it go to our head (yet) and today we even had a bath because we had rolled in fox poo and we stank.

You're right - Happy Running Dog is FAMOUS!

On Wednesday while I was driving to work I was listening to Chris Evans on Radio 2 who had the brilliant Nick Park in the studio talking about Wallace, Gromit and the new Shaun the Sheep movie.  So their daily feature called 'the Top Tenuous' was for anyone to phone or email in with their tenuous links to Wallace & Gromit.  I emailed, calling Happy Running Dog by her real name....

"Our dog Mopsi is wearing her new Gromit collar which was given to her by my oldest friend Sarah who is a cousin of Mark Burton, co-director of Shaun the sheep movie... Sarah from Caerphilly"

And then couldn't hear the results because I was with my client....

One catch-up with iPlayer later and - we were No. 2!!  Hilarious!  If you want to listen, you can click HERE

And you'll need to go to 2 hours 49 minutes.  Or thereabouts...

And then on Thursday I received the weekly newsletter from Gromit Unleashed:


Yes, it's a bit small and I have truncated it a bit.... but look at the photo - it's Happy Running Dog!  In a newsletter that goes out nationwide to thousands, or tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands?) of people - who knows, maybe even internationally.  Yay!

But it hasn't gone to her head (yet).  I found out this week that my knee isn't a hamstring problem - it's a Baker's Cyst (so-called after Dr Baker after whom it is named) - not a cyst at all, just a collection of fluid for no particular reason on the back of my knee.  Irritating, tiresome but treatable.  Which involves lying flat on the floor on my front with an ice pack on the back of my knee.  So I lie on the kitchen rug and Famous Happy Running Dog lies beside me with one paw on my back and her head behind mine.  

Sooooooooo cute!

Until she wriggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment