Sunday, February 15, 2015

A right knees-up!

It's really all about the knees this week.  In a nutshell, it went like this:

Physio:  It's a Baker's cyst, there's no cure, it'll come and go and you'll have to live with it.

Me:  Can I do a 100 mile bike ride in May?

Physio:  If you want - it might flare up but you can sort it out afterwards.

Me:  Oh.

Chiropractor: I don't think it's a Baker's cyst.  I think it's just inflamed.  Here, let me deep tissue massage it.

Me:  Ouch.

Chiropractor:  Plenty of ice, do these exercises, come back next week, we can make this better.

Me:  It's still ouch.

And that's kind of where I'm at with the knee. No cycling, no running, limited walking.

Ouch.

So on Saturday, by way of light relief, I went to Lovely Lou's knees-up birthday party. The theme was 'Gangsters and Molls' and it was at Fat Mark's Speakeasy. Not to be confused with Fit Mark's house, obviously...

I got dressed up...

If you think I look a little fuzzy you'd be right. That teacup I'm clutching had a variety of cocktails in it...

And the Melodeon Master and I had made a cake...


The Melodeon Master was playing at a gig so he joined the party later by which time we were all fairly merry after making serious inroads into the 42 litres of cocktails...

And today I'm fine.  Really I'm fine.

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment