Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wheels

I have a Smart car.  I've driven a Smart car for 12 years now and I love it.  So that's all fine then.  There's one teensy hitch on the horizon which is that, come October, under my lease agreement I hand this Smart back and (usually) get a new one.

Have you SEEN the new Smart?



Bleugh.  It's bigger, they've changed the engine, the dashboard, the fun stuff, the gearbox, the ride, the roof (there isn't a convertible version), they've given it a clutch and taken away the nifty paddle shift levers.  Sigh.

So, what to have instead?

Today, as it was piddling with rain, we have looked at:  (big breath) the Nissan Duke, Fiat Panda, Fiat Panda Cross, Kia something, Suzuki Jimny (fun but expensive to run?) Suzuki Alto (being discontinued) Suzuki Renn... new and huge, Skoda Citigo, VW Up, Peugeot 107, Vauxhall Adam, Citroen C1, C2, C something else and probably other ones too.

I am now confused.

Do I have a small replacement hatchback that's a bit dull...  Or do I go a bit bonkers and have a jeep type thing with  wheel drive that I don't need except for the one day a year when it snows and we can't get out of our lane?

And I've only got 8 months to decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment