Sunday, January 18, 2015

It's IceBreaker, but not as we know it...

Bearing in mind that my plan to lose weight is 'eat less, move more' I thought, having embraced the 'eat less' part, that I ought to start on the 'move more' bit.

So, driving home from a client at noon on a sunny Wednesday, happily ensconced in the warmth of the car, I decided that It Was The Day To Start Running.  Before I could have second thoughts, I was changed into my (remarkably tight) running gear and out with Happy Running Dog for a gentle 4.25k.  As I set off I was thinking 'everything in moderation' and deciding that 'moderation' meant not pushing it too hard, no need for a hot bath after, etc etc.  By 3k I my muscles were beginning to ache (how out of shape is it possible to get after just one over-indulgent Christmas??) and I did resort to the cold bath at the end.  I rather enjoyed it.  I am clearly not normal.

And so to IceBreaker.  Run-Bike-Run.  15th February at 11am.  That's about 7 hours after I will get to bed following Lovely Lou's 40th birthday party.  Oh dear.  So I have made the (very sensible) decision not to even try.  Instead, I've asked Fit Mark (who just happens to be Lovely Lou's hubbie) to sort me out an Alternative Ice Breaker for the week after.  Except they'll be off skiing, so it'll be the week after the week after.  Proper distance and all that.  I'll call it the Waterloo Warrior.

And then I got an email about Carten100.  This is 100 miles from Cardiff to Tenby the day after my birthday in May.  The Melodeon Master and I had a long chat about it - hillier than the London one, easier to get to, hopefully more fun, but still quite a challenge and quite an expense.  We had pretty much decided that I could just go out and cycle 100 miles one day instead.

Then he fell asleep and I entered it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment