Sunday, January 25, 2015

Eat less, move more but don't run.

The 'eat less' bit didn't go so well....  The Melodeon Master and I went out for a meal on Friday after delivering another birthday cake (dolphin themed, thank you for asking) and so naturally I chose the fat free options.  Prawns to start (low in fat, although that tempura batter might not have been so low in fat), then duck with mash where I didn't eat the slightly dull mash.  I won't mention here that instead I helped the Melodeon Master eat his chips...  and we shared a Sticky Toffee Pudding.  Still, Saturday's another day and another chance to get it right.

Until we went cocktail testing at Lovely Lou and Fit Mark's house.  I think we tested three. Or it could have been four.  And then we went home, splendidly full of cocktails, only to happily abandon dinner and replace it with peanuts and Pringles...

So to the 'move more' part.  Ah, yes.  You'll remember last week my moderate 4.25k with Happy Running Dog.   Not such a great idea - I've aggravated my pulled hamstring from when I was pressure-hosing the steps.  Was it October?  November?  It was MONTHS ago and it really should be better by now.  But running made it worse.  So no running. And no cycling (same problem).  Swimming then - but only front crawl.  Sigh.

This 'eat less, move more' thing is harder than I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment