Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

I'm not normally one to make resolutions, leading a blameless and alcohol free life as I do (?) but this year I thought I could usefully do something and came up with the following which I felt pretty sure I could keep to:

1.  Give up chocolate for January *

2.  Give up alcohol for January **

3.  Train every day in January **

* We had lovely visitors staying for New Year and they brought with them a chocolate making kit.  It would have been incredibly rude not to join in and partake, so I did.

** My clients this year gave me, collectively, Rhubarb Gin, Sloe Gin, Saffron Gin and 3 bottles of Champagne.  Again, would have been rude to refuse.  So I didn't.

*** With visitors and cakes (car cake for Pete's 40th on Saturday) there hasn't been time to train.  It's now the 4th of January, so I guess that one's out of the window...  No point starting today then.

I'm beginning to see why I don't make New Year's resolutions....

No comments:

Post a Comment